This week, I turned 27. I had such a lovely day and still feel incredibly grateful. I went into this birthday having no expectations and what I learned is invaluable. Once we rid ourselves of expectations, a higher level of surprise and fulfillment is achieved. This year is going to be a big year full of new and exciting experiences and moments. I’ve been thinking a lot about the valuable life lessons I’ve learned and what I hope to work on to ensure growth and happiness in the coming months. I’ve rounded up 27 ‘life lessons’ that have helped me get to where I am today.
- Give yourself permission to be happy.
- Dance to the beat of your own drum.
- Stay curious.
- Read books & keep learning.
- Family first.
- Travel well and travel often.
- Beauty on the inside creates beauty on the outside.
- Try something new everyday.
- Understand why you say yes and know when to say no.
- Confidence is key.
- Everyone is dealing with something you know nothing about.
- A cup of tea is good for the soul.
- Practice listening.
- Stay active. Exercise daily.
- Quality over quantity.
- Be vulnerable with your heart.
- Take your mom’s advice.
- Relinquish control and roll with the punches.
- Take a deep breath and be present.
- Find what style works for you and be your own voice.
- Develop your own opinions.
- Smile at a stranger; it will make their day.
- Write down 3 things you are grateful for each day.
- Dream big.
- Indulge once in a while.
- Embrace the unknown.
- Have no expectations.
Have you heard the saying, “What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t happened yet”? Take a minute and really think about it. By understanding that some of life’s most precious moments have yet to happen helps us sit back, be present and enjoy the ride. I hope you will all join me in embracing all life’s adventures, one day at a time. Cheers to 27!
Red shirt (sold out): Similar at J Crew Factory
Cropped Denim: Madewell
Ruby Red Lipstick: MAC
Red Zipper Heels (sold out): Similar at DSW
Black Transport Tote: Madewell
Grey Scarf: Nordstrom