Happy Monday! I can’t believe we are almost a week out from Thanksgiving. Our wedding was 3 weeks ago and now the holidays are rapidly approaching. Not to mention watching baseball well into the Fall months, due to a BIG world series win by our Chicago Cubbies, really threw off my timing in preparing for all the upcoming holiday festivities. But who’s complaining? 2016 has been a huge year for me; one filled with change, happiness, growth, and unexpected events. Everything I’ve encountered has had a dramatic effect on my individual growth as well as impacted my relationships with others. The most obvious is marrying the man of my dreams. I must say that both Corey and I do feel marriage has changed things; all for the better. It is so incredible how marriage and vows mended by two people completely change the game. I will say that the days following our wedding, we’ve felt an increased level of both commitment as well as responsibility. Being held accountable, in the most amazing way, for another person’s happiness. Of course we should make ourselves happy, but allowing for vulnerability with my now husband (ah!) has tremendously helped me. Other unexpected life hurdles have also opened my eyes to the possibilities that lay ahead of me. I genuinely believe everything happens for reason and understand that there is sometimes no rhyme or reason why certain things happen. In the moment, it may feel like the world is crashing down, but a lot of good and positive transformation happens because of it. Upward & onward is my mantra these days and working to take it to another level these next couple of months.
Now that our wedding is sadly behind us, our weekends have allowed for time we’ve been fortunate to fill up with whatever we want! My weekends have also called for a lot of ‘athleisure wear’. I’ve been living in LuluLemon’s Street to Studio Pant , a perfect combo of both style and comfort. Throw on my nikes and grab my fav new bucket bag from Sole Society, and call it a day!
I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite athleisure trends below. I love that Nordstrom has an ‘Athleisure’ as one of their featured sections under the ‘Women’ drop down menu on their site. How great is it when brand websites make it so incredibly simple for us consumers to find exactly what we’re looking for? Happy shopping!
- Nike Gym Vintage Crew: Perfect gym layer during Fall and Winter months or a quick tee to throw up for weekday and weekend errands. This long sleeve also comes in other colors, which is a plus if you end up loving it!
- Athleta Crossback CYA Sweatshirt: Anyone else always in search of a sweatshirt that has both a relaxed fit and is long enough to cover your bum? Look no further, the crossback checks both of these boxes.
- Ray Ban Original Aviator: I purchased the green mirrored Ray Bans as my summer shades, but love the look of these shades in the ‘smoke’ color. Seems like these would just make everything feel better during the blustery months ahead.
- The North Face Neo Knit Jacket: At first, I personally thought this jacket heavily resembled a Nike design. But, I really love the black outline design and the high collar. The jacket has a cleaner cut without the hood.
- Nike Gym Vintage Crew: Part 2 – you obviously need it in blue, especially because it is currently 25% off at Nordstrom!
- Zella ‘Splice it Up’ High Waisted Leggings: First of all, how great is the name? While I am a big time brand loyalist to LuluLemon when it comes to leggings, I’m always game to give other brands a shot. I really love the unique design of these, making them a true contender for stylish athleisure wear.
- Sole Society Selena Faux Leather Backpack: One item on my ‘would like’ list is a black leather backpack. Both the look as well as the price of this gem caught my eye. A versatile bag like this can be used for everything…gym, work, running errands, date night, you name it!
- Spiritual Gangster Namaste Beanie: While I am not an avid yoga-goer, I definitely see myself getting much use out of this beanie. Bonus: for every item sold, Spiritual Gangster will donate proceeds to provide a meal to a person in need.
Shop items below:
For more athleisure inspiration to get you through this amazing November we’ve been having in Chicago, check out below: